November 27, 2008

Snow!

The view from my balcony window two days ago:




I love snow. We haven't had a lot yet this year (and this snow is all melted now because it rained), unlike my hometown of London, Ontario where they have already had a couple of storms.
What do we do when it snows? We bake!

Chocolate chip cookies with pecans. I use this recipe, but I make normal-size cookies instead of the big ones - the recipe yields about 3 dozen. Bake at 350 F for 12 minutes for perfection!

Why am I posting pictures of snow and cookies? Because my progress on my Xmas knitting is not photo-worthy. I am about two inches away from turning the heel on the giant blue sock, and I did some work on my partner's Selbu Mittens. I also purchased the yarn to make the school colours mug cozies from Red Bird Knits (Robyn has a sale on right now) - it is on its way to me now. I might have also purchased some *cough* sock yarn - Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Pilsen, which I can now take off of my Loopy Ewe wish list. C'mon, it was on sale! And priced in Canadian dollars...I have to say that the exchange rate right now is definitely deterring me from making cross-border purchases (although if there was any Wollmeise at Loopy I would be all over that).

Hope you are warm, wherever you are, and that your Xmas knitting is stress-free.

No comments: