January 14, 2009

Dead Blog Talking

I didn't realize it had been quite so long since I'd posted here, almost a full month! Maybe I've been subconsciously putting it off because I am reluctant to admit publicly that I am still finishing up Xmas presents. Yes, still. All but one of my knitted gifts were given on the needles (except the single sock, but that still doesn't count as finished). I did manage to finish one coffee cup cozy, from this KnitPicks pattern, and gifted it to my cousin with a Starbucks gift card as I had planned. One win out of five - not great.
Progress? I have turned the heel on the Giant Blue Sock and am working my way through the gusset decreases. I have knitted to the end of the first skein on the My So-Called Scarf and need to wind up the second before I can continue on it. My sister's Druid Mitten, plus yarn and needles, are in a box back home, as I forgot to bring them back with me - she is supposed to send them along so I can finish them up but so far they have not arrived. My partner's Selbu Mittens are in my knitting basket beside the couch (since I no longer have to keep them a secret) and have barely been touched since we got back last week. (See original Xmas post for pictures and linkage).
The holidays were about as stressful as I had anticipated, although it was still nice to be with my family (which was the reason I had decided to head home in the first place, despite the crazy drama). I'm glad to be home now. Really, really glad.
That's enough for now - next time I will share my recent knitting-related acquisitions, and daydream some about what I am going to make after I finally, finally finish these gifts.

No comments: